Monday, April 13, 2009

Seven and Eight

Last Thursday was a pretty fun workout. It was raining but not too cold, and we took refuge under a picnic table shelter. In between mat workouts we ran out to the parking lot and played a game. We divided up into teams of 2 and each team had a rubber ball with knobs all over it which made it bumpy and uneven. We had to throw the ball to the other person, bouncing it once on the ground. If the ball bounced more than once, or we didn't catch it, we had to run after the ball, then switch places with our partner and do 5 jumping jacks. Needless to say we did a lot of running and a lot of jumping jacks. It is hard to catch that ball! Because it is so uneven it is difficult to tell where it will bounce. It seemed like every time I was the catcher it would bounce 20 or 30 feet away. I guess I got my cardio in!

Today was a good workout, it was a little chilly but I warm up pretty quickly. Apparently the theme this week is "Total Ab Annihilation!" So in addition to our normal ab workout at the end of the day, we also do more matwork that is centered around the abs. That is fine with me, my abs are some of my weakest muscles. I had no idea we had theme weeks, usually we just have theme days. It should be fun!

After camp today I talked to the trainer about my diet. I have been following Weight Watchers and exercising for awhile now, and not seeing any weight loss. I know that it is normal to retain some water while building muscle, but I thought that after two weeks that would be over with. He said that it takes about three to four weeks to start losing pounds, so I should see some results the end of this week and the end of next week. He also said that I would start seeing some loss in inches by next week as well. I am excited to start seeing some results! I feel the results, I am not as sore after workouts and I can run longer without wanting to die, but hey let's be honest here: my wedding is coming up fast and I can't wait to look good (or at least better) in my dress. He also said that he likes Weight Watchers because it makes portion control easy, but he likes counting calories better. He asked me to start keeping track of my calories over the next couple days and let him know what my average day looks like. Counting calories might work better for me anyway, there are lots of ways to "cheat" with Weight Watcher points.

No comments:

Post a Comment