Sunday, April 26, 2009

Final week of bootcamp

Monday we had a major windstorm blow through Omaha so boot camp was canceled. I am sure you are thinking "why would a little wind stop people from exercising?" Well our workout was mainly mat work, and there was no way our poor little yoga mats could stand up to that wind. Plus the wind blew the port-a-potty over, we took that as a sign we shouldn't be there. We all agreed to come in Tuesday morning and make it up...

There was one other time I went to boot camp in the morning, and it was incredibly hard to get up that early. I knew this would be even harder since I had to go to the night camp as well. At morning camp we learned that during the last week of boot camp we had the pleasure of doing Tobatas. (I think that is what it was called anyway) Tobatas are repeating the same group of exercises eight times in a row, with a ten second pause between each exercise. Tuesday morning that consisted of two exercises, running to the end of the parking lot and back, two different exercises, and then running to the end of the parking lot and back again. We repeated this cycle NINE TIMES. We were only supposed to do it eight times, but the trainer lost count half way through and didn't believe us when we told him we were doing an extra set.

Tuesday evening we did another Tobata, but this time he gave us a "break" and he had us do the exercise sets 4 times in a row without running in between each set. After we did the sets 4 times we did some lunges and running, then came back and did four more sets, more lunges and running, and then ab work. I was so tired after the workout but so proud that I lived through two boot camps in one day!

Wednesday we did another Tobata, but this time we did eight sets in a row, then some running, then ab work.

Thursday was the last day of boot camp. Corey said that we would have a "medium" intensity workout for the last day. We ran about 3/4 of a mile to a nearby park. I saw a snake on the way. It was dead but just as scary. I'm hoping it is my one and only snake sighting this year. When we got to the park we learned that we were doing pull ups, push ups, and some arm dips. I have never done a pull up in my life, so I was pretty skeptical. We divided into partners so that we could spot each other on the pull up bar. While I was on the pull up bar, my partner held my legs and gave me a boost if I needed it. (which I always did!) Also Corey had to help me out by lifting me up by my armpits. It sounds like I didn't have to do anything, but even with all that help the most pull ups I did was 6! I was still pretty happy with that! We had to do three sets of each exercise, so we were pretty tired on the way back to the lake. I tried to jog as much as possible but I am sure most of the time I was speed walking. When I woke up the next morning my arms and upper back were pretty sore, but Saturday morning was even worse. I couldn't even lift my arms above my head. My poor arms are just that wimpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment