Sunday, April 26, 2009

Boot Camp: Results and Reflection

Well Thursday night we had our end of the month evaluations. I was pretty nervous to see my results since I knew I hadn't lost much if any weight. I knew my pants fit a little looser, but not by much. But all I cared about was that my numbers had gone down, no matter if it was by a lot or a little. Well I was pleasantly surprised:

Weight: -2 pounds
Body fat: -3.7%
Arms: -0.25 inches
Chest: -0.5 inches
Waist: stayed the same
Hips: -1.75 inches
Legs: stayed the same

Not bad for four weeks and 15 workouts!!! Of course I would have loved a Biggest Loser-like meltdown of pounds but that's not very realistic. I think this bootcamp was a great experience for me. It pushed me to my limit and taught me what I need to do to get in shape and improve my body. It also taught me not to be caught up on my weight but how I feel and how I look. I just hope that I can keep it up on my own. Anyone out there that wants a jumpstart on fitness or exercise, I definitely recommend some kind of boot camp. There are many types out there so find one that suits you. Also - get someone to go with you and hold you accountable. If I didn't have a friend going through this camp with me I am sure I would have skipped a couple times or even quit. Boot camps can be expensive, but think of it as investing in yourself. It's always a great investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment