Monday, April 20, 2009

Catching up on week 3

Well as is inevitable with any blog, I skipped a couple days. I do have a lot of positive things to catch up on though. Week 3 was a great week, and my abs were definitely annihilated! Wednesday I had to work in the afternoon so I had to go to morning camp. Morning camp is at 5:30 in the morning. I am proud to say that I got up at 4:30, ate breakfast, and showed up at camp ready to go. It was a tough workout but it was nice to have it done and over with. The only thing I didn't like was that it was indoors and therefore very warm. I definitely like being outside where there is usually a nice breeze. (or sometimes a strong gusting wind!)

Thursday we did a fireman's drill, which was extremely difficult. We broke into pairs and had to carry a duffel bag that weight 75lbs across the grass. Half the distance we got to carry the bag together, the other half we had to carry it on our own. All while running as fast as we could of course. Then while the other teams were doing their running we had to do push ups. The other fireman's drill we had to do was carry the bag together halfway down, then drag your partner the rest of the way. You would hold your partner under the arms, and then drag them by their feet across the grass. It sounds hard, and it was even harder than it sounded. It was a different way to exercise though, which made it fun.

Thursday we also got a talk about fitness and weight loss. Corey was a little frustrated that all we have been thinking about is the number on the scale. He gave us the lecture that we have all heard many times, that the number on the scale means nothing, especially when measured next to inches lost or clothing size. I think this time it finally stuck for me, especially since he gave me the same speech the week before and it had been on my mind. It really hit home for me over the weekend though. Friday I did my weekly weigh-in and found that I still hadn't lost any pounds. I was pretty bummed but decided I wasn't going to let it ruin my weekend. I was just going to keep doing what I was doing and go with the flow. My size is my size and who cares.

Then on Friday night I went shopping for a new outfit for my bachelorette party. Without thinking I picked up a new pair of jeans in my normal size. They fit me and I didn't think much of it. Then Tim called and I had to leave without buying the jeans. Saturday I went shopping again and ended up at JCPenney's. I went to the jeans section, picked up the same exact jeans I had picked up at Kohl's, but all the sudden it occured to me "I wonder if I can even zip up a smaller size?" I grabbed a size smaller than normal and headed to the dressing room. They fit!!! They were a tad tight but I could still breathe and they weren't causing a muffin top or anything. Plus they were stretchy and looked great. So I bought them and finished off my new outfit with a new shirt, jewelry, and sandals. My bachelorette party was Saturday night and I felt and looked great! Who cares about the number, I'm not gonna let it rule my life anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment