Monday, April 6, 2009

Day four

Well Friday I did my weekly weigh-in for Weight Watchers, and I gained two pounds last week. I was pretty upset, but after researching online and talking to several people, I discovered that is pretty normal after starting a vigorous workout routine. Sure enough, this morning I weighed myself and the two pounds were gone. Now on to decreasing that number even more!

I wasn't sure if we would have boot camp today since the weather was less than favorable. Luckily we only had to stay for a half hour. It was a lovely 37 degrees with a 26 degree windchill, but I still showed up out at Lake Zorinsky all bundled up. At first I was so cold I could barely move and my hands turned numb. But eventually my body warmed up and was somewhat accustomed to the weather. Unfortuately my lungs felt otherwise. I tried to breathe through my nose as much as possible because the air was so cold, but after running a couple laps I was so out of breath I had to start breathing through my mouth. I started to choke from all the phlegm and the nurse in me kept thinking "what if I drown in my own fluids? there's no suction here!" But obviously I was able to clear my throat and get through it. Aside from that small inconvenience I thought it was a great workout and I felt pretty good afterwards. Maybe I'm making progress!!! I think I will do some Wii Fit tonight to make up the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment