Friday, July 15, 2011

Webb summer get together, 4th of July, and 2 month dr visit

The end of June was Alex's first Webb get together, so he got to meet some of his Great Aunts and Uncles.  We were nervous taking him on a long road trip to Illinois, but for the most part it went very well!  He likes to ride in the car, pretty much all he did was sleep haha.  We just had to stop every couple hours so he could eat and get his diaper changed.  But to be honest I was happy to get out of the car and stretch my legs!  We had a great weekend of eating great food and catching up, I couldn't have asked for anything better!
Alex and Claire

Alex and Grandma Mary

How cute!!!

Paul, Toliver and Tim playing some ball in the backyard

Alex and Great Uncle Ron


Well Alex had his first 4th of July!  He loved it of course!  On July 2nd we went over to our friends Aaron and Kendra's house for a grill-out and fireworks.  Alex did really well with the fireworks, I think the bright lights bothered him more than the noise.  However, after about 15 minutes he was not enjoying it any longer, so we went inside.  On the 3rd we went over to my Aunt Glenda's house for a family get together and Alex got to meet his "cousin" Collins.  I say "cousin" because let's face it, it's simpler.  My mom and Sarah are 1st cousins, and Collins is Sarah's daughter.  So we joked that Collins and Alex are "some sort of cousins".  Alex wasn't too sure about Collins, but I think Collins loved Alex and thought he was her new toy.
Come here little baby!  I want to play!
Awe holding hands!

One of Alex's July 4th outfits from Great Aunt Jenn.  Of course you should get your own parade cutie!
On the 4th we went to our friends Amanda and Kevin's house for another 4th of July picnic.  Alex was a huge hit especially with the girls...everyone loves babies!
Alex's second 4th of July outfit!

All the kiddos oooing and ahhing over the baby!
Amanda and Kevin were setting off some pretty big fireworks, so Alex and I watched them from inside.  Or should I say, he went to sleep while I watched them!

Alex had his 2 month Well-baby visit this week.  I think it was hard on the both of us since he had to get his first round of vaccinations!  The good news is that he is up to 9 lbs 4.5 oz and 22 inches long!  He is in the 5th percentile for weight, 7th percentile for length, and 16th percentile for head circumference.  So he is still a little guy. But Dr Harrison said as long as he gains 1 oz per day, he is doing well.  And so far he has surpassed that!  The rest of his checkup went great!
Alex on his boppy during "tummy time"
I can't believe how big Alex is getting and how much he is changing day to day.  He is getting really good at holding his head up and pushing up on his arms during tummy time.  It's just a matter of time before he rolls over!  His hair is growing back, I swear I can see it getting longer every day.  In some light it looks white/blonde and in other light it looks red.  Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment